Public Health Nurse sign on bonus $5,000
Provides professional nursing assessment and intervention, promoting wellness and preventative health. Educates the community about HIV/AIDS. Provides assistance to physicians.
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus $5,000 in first paycheck and $2,000 at 12 months of employment.
$37-$46/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Provides direct nursing care to patients and provides nursing support to medical providers.
- Maintains wellness activities for patients including immunizations, screening exams, and follow-up lab work.
- Develops care plans with patient in collaboration with provider, based on medical conditions, health goals and behaviors. Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing plan of care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals related to patient care as directed by the provider.
- Provides assessment, education, and evaluation of patients’ readiness to begin Antiretroviral Therapy (ART). Provides ongoing long-term management for patients receiving HAART therapy.
- Administers medication to patients as directed by the provider, protocol and standing orders. Identifies the purpose, side effects, and onset of action for each class of drug being given to patient. Correctly explains medication to patient/guardian and obtains consent.
- Provides home visits for patients to provide assessment, follow-up, education and medication monitoring.
- Maintains appropriate ongoing assessment, interventions, education and referrals as identified in the care plan.
- Maintains regular contact with other services and professionals involved in delivering services to client to ensure coordinated service delivery.
- Provides HIV counseling and testing for high-risk individuals.
- Completes chart notes per standards. Updates client data in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems to document health assessment and health history. Records care plans and education provided. Documents assessments, actions and medications in medical records.
- Provides education to a wide variety of audiences including community members and healthcare professionals regarding HIV-including transmission and risk reduction.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: An Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience: Experience working with HIV/AIDS preferred. Training and six months’ experience providing adult physical exams preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered Nurse license for the state of practice. BLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) Certification required upon hire. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certification preferred. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Demonstrates ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Knowledge of established professional nursing concepts and all nursing procedures. Knowledge of the uses and effects of medications. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients, patients’ families and employees in a professional manner. Ability to understand, assess and react effectively to the unique needs of patients in all age groups. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.