RN New Grad Residency Program
You can use your expertise, compassion, and kindness to transform the patient experience. When you join UCLA Health as a nurse, you’ll deliver leading-edge care as you build an exceptional career with a health system that’s consistently ranked among the best in the country.
The RN New Grad Residency Program lasts approximately one year and is for new graduates from a BSN or MSN degree program who have graduated between June 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022. The residency year provides several key components/resources to insure an inexperienced new graduate RN is set up for success:
- Orientation to UCLA hospital systems, nursing department, standards of care, and clinical skills lab
- Monthly education sessions that address leadership, patient outcomes, and professionalism
- Unit based orientation and educational programs
- Unit based preceptors and mentors
- Unit and hospital based clinical nurse specialists and clinical educators
Opportunities are available for New Graduates at the following locations:
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
- UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital
- Operative Room Services
Opportunities may be available in Adult ICU, Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU, Med Surg, Pediatrics, Perinatal, Geriatrics, Oncology, and Operating Room Services. You will be prompted to let us know your preferred choice for new grad placement when you complete your application.
The program will start in March 2023.
Applicants must have graduated from a registered nursing program (BSN or MSN required) on or before December 31, 2022. Before the program starts in March, you will need to have less than 6 months RN experience in an inpatient setting or no experience as a licensed RN. You do not need to have your RN license at this time; however, in order to be eligible for this program, you must have a current, valid CA RN license prior to your start date. This program is specifically designed for new graduate nurses post degree with little to no experience. Once you complete the online application you will need to submit/upload the following documents when applying to this position. We do not accept late submission. All documents must be submitted correctly at the time you apply. Each document is uploaded individually as a Word or PDF file:
- Cover Letter
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Initial interview dates will be held throughout November 2022. Please note we are only conducting virtual interviews at this time.
When submitting your application, you will be asked to select your top unit choice for interviewing.
Tips for uploading documents:
- Only one document can be uploaded at a time
- The document you are uploading must be in the correct format
- Cover Letter and Resume and Letters of Recommendation – PDF, Word DOC or Word DOCX
- If your file is too large our system will not accept it. You will need to reduce the size and resubmit.
After completing the application and uploading your documents, you will be prompted to take an assessment. It takes 45 minutes to complete. PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT. Your application will not be accepted until it is completed.
Upon hire you will need to submit your original diploma or post-graduation official transcripts. A Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required. Additionally, the Operative Room Services role will require the ability to learn scrub and circulating roles for the OR’s.