Registered Nurse (Nurse-Family Partnership)
Under general supervision, this position provides long-term evidence-based public health nursing services to pregnant women, infants, toddlers and their families in homes and community settings. Performs other duties as required. This position is supervised by the Nurse-Family Partnership Health Services Team Leader.
- 60% - Nursing Process
- 20% - Documentation
- 10% - Quality Assurance/Team Process
- 10% - Program Responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Public health theory and practices.
- Nursing process.
- Nursing assessment skills.
- Basic human physical, nutritional and psychosocial needs.
- Federal, State and County laws and regulations which impact the department.
- Work independently in challenging situations.
- Prepare and maintain records, charts and reports.
- Follow detailed written and oral directions.
- Communicate effectively to individuals and groups, both orally and in writing, using the English language.
- Exercise independent judgment and seek solutions to problems which arise on a regular basis.
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- CPR Certification.
- Has a working car.
- Valid Driver's License and able to operate County-owned vehicle (HR-2013-2).
- HR-2013-2: Driving record that shows: No misdemeanor or felony convictions for traffic/vehicular offenses (DUI, vehicular homicide, reckless driving, hit and run, etc.) on the driving record that are less than five (5) years old; No more than two (2) at fault or chargeable accidents on their driving record that are less than five (5) years old; No more than two (2) traffic infractions (speeding, failure to yield right of way, etc.) that are less than one (I) year old.
- Required to complete National Incident Management System (NIMS) 700 and Incident Command System (ICS) 100-200 within six (6) months of employment.
- Required to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- If CPR Certification has lapsed, will be required to renew their Certification within 120 days of employment.
- Out-of-state travel is required to obtain basic Nurse-Family Partnership training, and training for certification of competence to perform specific Nurse-Family Partnership evaluations.
This Position Description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Shawnee County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This Position Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.