IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AVAILABLE – ALL SHIFTS
Job Title: Registered Nurse, RN
Job Type: Full-time and Part-Time
- Full-time 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Full-time 11:00pm-7:00am
- Part-time 7:00am-3:00pm
- Part-time 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Part-time 11:00pm-7:00am
Don’t just take a job – join a caring and supportive team! We are actively seeking a Registered Nurse for a full-time role. As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing a continuum of quality care in order to maintain an environment that provides for the needs of all residents and impacts patient satisfaction.
If you are a natural caregiver who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment, and is committed to clinical excellence and making a difference in the lives of seniors and their families, then you’ll fit right into our diverse, dynamic, and fun-loving culture where everyone is treated with respect and recognized for their efforts. We have a winning total rewards package for the right individual that includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, and immediate medical benefits.
Heroes work here! Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit long-term care facility located in the idyllic foothills of the Pocono Mountains near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident needs and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates expert knowledge, sound clinical judgment, and leadership in resident care using established nursing processes and protocols. Ensure implementation of care plan to address specific resident care issues.
- Identifies nursing diagnosis, clinical programs, and related interventions. Administers and documents medication, changes wound dressings, and provides care for other treatment options. Draws blood for lab work as required.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic tests. Collects patient health history, observes and records patient behavior, and promptly report changes in condition. Assists with charting, including summaries, MDS, etc, and maintains accurate and complete health care records.
- Collaborates with Unit Manager to develop and implement Nursing Service and care plan objectives. Assists attending physician, as required. Provides input for resident assessments and resident care plans.
- Oversees LPNs and CNAs assigned to same shift. Assists with work schedules, and planning and implementing work assignments for shift.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for assigned areas and patients.
- Assists with onboarding new hires. Observes and records progress and makes recommendations to Director of Nursing.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and nursing laws, regulations, internal company policies, and procedures.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and insures proper operation of equipment.
- Assists with and monitors resident mealtimes.
- Confers and consults with residents’ families and visitors, as needed. Assists with counseling and educating patients and their families on treatment plans.
- Degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- A valid and current Pennsylvania RN license in good standing.
- 1 years’ experience in a clinical/healthcare setting preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A kind, compassionate, considerate, and non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to professionally interact well with patients, coworkers, and doctors.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations.
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm, a cheerful disposition, and willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Ability to cope with anxiety, misunderstandings, and help to make good decisions.
- Ability to relate to, work with, and empathize with an ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and sometimes hostile elderly resident population.
- Willingness to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Excellent analytical and situational judgment skills, and an ability to take the right actions according to the situation.
- A dedication to continuing personal improvement and career development.
- Strong commitment to the quality of life of our residents.
- Stamina, strength, and ability to spend long hours on your feet.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
What we offer: We have a winning total rewards package for the right individual that includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Bonus Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federally protected class.
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to observe CDC guidelines and takes every precautionary measure to ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents remain safe.
In accordance with federal law, Pleasant Valley Manor has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All new hires must be vaccinated before beginning work. “Fully vaccinated” means a first and second vaccination dose, or one dose if opting for the Janssen vaccine. Applicants seeking an exemption from COVID-19 vaccination for medical or religious reasons should complete a Request for Accommodation form and submit it to Human Resources. If you are an unvaccinated new hire against, COVID-19 vaccination can be administered free of charge at Pleasant Valley Manor. Should you have further questions regarding the federal vaccination mandate, please call Pleasant Valley Manor and ask to speak to Human Resources.