Chota Community Health Services
Job Title: Medical Provider/Physician
Department/Group: Medical Services
Location: Madisonville, Vonore, Tellico Plains, School Based Clinics
Travel Required: Yes
Job Category: Clinical
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer, Clinical Services Officer
Position Summary: A licensed physician who will function in a role of providing primary health care including preventive, diagnostic, treatment, and referral care under approved medical protocols.
Role and Responsibilities
- As a condition of employment, the healthcare provider will undertake to provide covered services, including emergency treatment, to a health center patient within the approved scope of project of Chota Community Health Services (CCHS), and to any individual who is not a patient of CCHS when asked, called upon, or undertakes, at or near any CCHS location and as a result of a non-CCHS patient's emergency situation, to temporarily treat or assist in treating that non-health center patient.
- Functions under approved medical protocols. Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Examination of patients, diagnosis, the prescription of medicine, and providing treatment for injuries, diseases, and other ailments.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury. Immunize patients. Prescribe treatments or therapies. Prescribe medications.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results. Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals.
- Maintains records and appropriate documentation regarding practice activities.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and/or family members.
- Advise patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention. Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers. Evaluates patient responses to educational endeavors.
- Refer patients to medical specialists, other practitioners, or other resources when necessary.
- Properly supervise students to ensure patient safety and quality of care. These students may include medical students or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or midlevel providers.
- Continues professional development by attending seminars and conferences.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment. Participate in Patient Centered
- Medical Home (PCMH) Care Team collaboration
- Obtains and maintains credentialing by insurance companies. Is familiar with the various insurance plans Center wants to be providers with, follows their agreements regarding referrals, pre-certification, prescriptions, hospitalization, and other utilization requirements and expectations.
- Supervises family nurse practitioners or other advanced providers at the Center. Regularly checks and cosigns the patient charts.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Completion of Medical School
- Completion of Clinical training program.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Tennessee
- Continuing Medical education as required by licensing board
- Valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Number
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent medical knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of medical procedures and practices
- Knowledge of medications and possible side effects
- Maintain patient confidentiality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.