LPN Oncology Columbus VA
This position works within Specialty Medicine to provide direct care to the patients at the Chalmers P Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center. This position will work collaboratively with designated providers, nursing staff to provide initial intake, clinical reminders and observe and report reason for the visit to the provider and/or RN in the clinic.
The Licensed Practical Nurse possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of written, electronic, and verbal patient/employee information.
- Work and function within a safe manner including infection control and use of equipment.
- Intramuscular Injections and Blood Draws.
- Assure that patient safety is paramount in all aspects of patient care.
- Integrate and apply pertinent aspects of the Ambulatory Care Center performance improvement program into his/her professional practice.
- Utilize nursing research and literature in practice.
- Integrate and apply aspects of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations National Patient Safety Goals as applicable to their area of practice.
- Schedule appointments for patients in collaboration with team members to ensure that all patients are scheduled within time constraints established by ACA guidelines and VHA policies especially adhering to priority access for service connected and OEF/OIF Veteran populations
Work Schedule: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.