District Nurse Coordinator/Nurse Substitute
Salary/Pay Scale: $28.25 per hour
Job Description: Registered Nurse - Recruiting for full-time (37.5 hours per week, 10 months per year) position. Follows the student academic calendar with some summer days. NYS Retirement, holiday pay and health/dental benefits available.
- To provide organization and coordination in the delivery of healthcare services within the District in collaboration with school healthcare providers, administrators, teachers, parents, and other staff.
- To collaborate with the Director of Student Services and the District Physician to ensure development, implementation, consistency, and compliance within health offices with local, state, federal and other health care mandates as well as policies, procedures, and regulations of the Brighton Central School District.
- Serves as district nurse substitute, assists to coordinate sub coverage needs across district and private school offices.
- Serve as liaison between district nurses, the Director of Student Services, District Physician, and administration.
- Serve as district HPN coordinator for collecting data and reporting of annual mandated immunization survey, BMI data, etc.
- Monitor compliance and completion of annual reports for each health office.
- Assists in orientation of new school nurses
- Provide ongoing training and support to school nurses
- Oversee vision/hearing/screening process
- Schedule and provide training to school personnel as needed including first aid, EpiPens as requested.
- Coordinates purchase of health office supplies district-wide including EpiPen-Narcan ordering, distribution, and maintenance.
- Attend Committee of Special Education/504 meetings as needed to review medical plans, needs including special transportation
- Provide medical training as requested for transportation or extended school year staff (ex. EpiPen, defibrillator)
- Assist Director of Student Services and School Physician and School Physician in the development, review and maintenance of district health protocols.
- Attend District Safety Team, member of District TIG team
- Provide other duties and services as assigned
Civil Service Title: Registered Nurse
- Holds a current license and registration as a Registered Professional Nurse as granted by New York State Education Department
- Minimum 5 years experience as school nurse
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in the use of health assessments, nursing diagnoses, plans of care, intervention procedures, referral resources and follow up care as applicable in the school setting
- Communicates and works well with students, teachers, parents, administrators, and others in the community
Join the Brighton Central School District!
Please visit our website (www.bcsd.org) and apply for this position by using the Job Opportunities tab under Quick Links on our homepage.
Why Brighton Central School District?
The Brighton Central School District in upstate New York is located in a family-oriented community offering excellent public services and recreation to residents of all ages. The town includes attractive residential properties, small businesses and professional office buildings with convenient access to the City of Rochester's cultural, educational and commercial opportunities. Brighton is a cosmopolitan community with people of diverse nationalities, religions and ethnic backgrounds.
The name Brighton Central Schools has become synonymous with quality education, and many of our district's residents choose to live here because of our outstanding educational system. Students, staff, parents and residents are proud of their schools and maintain an active interest and involvement long after their children have grown. This translates into strong, consistent support for budgets and capital projects.
The school district attracts a highly experienced, stable faculty who find the district a personally and professionally rewarding place to work. Parents play a special role in all schools as volunteers, as members of the PTSA, and as participants in school committees and decision-making.
Brighton's compact geography makes it ideal for our school organization, which includes four district-wide schools in which all students in each grade attend the same building. All the district's buildings have been renovated or expanded to more adequately meet the needs of an educational program in the 21st century.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving community of learners. Brighton is deeply committed to empowering students to celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion as they embark on achieving their full potential for personal development, educational success, and lifelong learning.
Brighton Central School District seeks candidates for faculty and staff positions that are eager to make Brighton an even more diverse and inclusive district for its students to thrive within. A range of backgrounds and perspectives leads to a variety of ideas, knowledge, and approaches, and we believe that a deep understanding and valuing of differences is necessary to our overall mission.
We are committed to equipping students with knowledge, values, and skills that will enrich their lives and enable them to become responsible, contributing citizens of a changing global community. We seek to foster a community that appreciates the benefits and responsibilities of living in a diverse world.
The Brighton Central School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. Further, the District does not discriminate on the basis of religion or creed, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, criminal arrest or conviction record, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination.
This metropolitan region is known for its vast selection of family-oriented activities and attractions. The third largest city in New York State, the greater Rochester region is inhabited by a little more than one million people. Conveniently located, Rochester is a six-hour drive from New York City, 3 1/2 hours from Toronto and 90 minutes from Niagara Falls. From listening to great jazz on the streets to children being entertained at the second largest children’s museum in the U.S., Rochester is filled with museums, attractions, music, theater, festivals, sports, special events and more. Former home to pioneers and independent thinkers like Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass, Rochester has worked hard to preserve and honor its history. Ultimately, Rochester's biggest asset is its people – Rochester is a welcoming and friendly place.
Job Category: Nursing
Job Location: District
Click APPLY NOW to submit your application today!
The Brighton Central School District is an equal opportunity employer.